Re: pam_succeed_if's pam_sm_setcred

On 5 Mar 2009, at 10:45 AM, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
As written in the manual page of pam_sm_setcred():

      The way the auth stack is navigated in order to evaluate the
pam_setcred() function call, independent of the pam_sm_setcred() return codes, is exactly the same way that it was navigated when evaluating the pam_authenticate() library call. Typically, if a stack entry was ignored in evaluating pam_authenticate(), it will be ignored when libpam evaluates the pam_setcred() function call. Otherwise, the return codes from each module specific pam_sm_setcred() call are treated as
      required.

So what you wish to do is not possible.

Ah, thanks; obviously I missed that section. (I must be missing something else, too, as I thought I had my pam_authenticate stack skipping this module, but that's for me to investigate.)

--
Ian Ward Comfort <icomfort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
System Administrator, Student Computing, Stanford University