Re: Is this a reasonable approach?

Tomas Mraz wrote:

I guess there might be something that could be done with the 'new' config syntax that replaces required / requisite / sufficient / optional with [value1=action1 value2=action2 ...] but I haven't taken the time to experiment with it yet.

But you would have to call the pam_abl module in the auth phase twice anyway so it wouldn't be much difference from calling it in account or session phase. And it would be even more difficult to configure right.

Yes, that's right.

There is no Licence in your tarball, under what licence do you release
the module source?

Oh, whatever the rest of PAM is released under. I'll copy the PAM licence if that's OK.

--
Andy Armstrong