Re: Stackable authentication using use_first_pass

Hi,

Wayne Gowcher wrote:
> [..]
> I have stacked the modules as follows :
>
> auth  sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
> use_first_pass
> auth  sufficient /lib/security/pam_unix.so
> use_first_pass
> auth  sufficient /lib/security/pam_deny.so
> [..]
> But I am wondering is there anyway I can get pam "to
> flush" the password so that once authentication has
> traversed my authentication stack, the next login
> prompt will prompt the user for a password. For
> example by adding a module at the end of my
> authentication stack ?

The solution is easy:

use_first_pass should only be set on the second line. Because pam_ldap
has no earlier password to use. So if you write

auth sufficient pam_ldap.so

pam_ldap does not try to get a password provided earlier.

Hope it helps,

CU
Werner

--
McGowan's Madison Avenue Axiom:
	If an item is advertised as "under $50", you can bet it's not