Stackable authentication using use_first_pass

Hi,

I am trying to set up my authentication to use stacked
modules with use_first_pass such that the user inputs
one password after entering the user name and then
this password gets passed to each module for
authentication without further prompting.

I have stacked the modules as follows :

auth  sufficient /lib/security/pam_ldap.so
use_first_pass
auth  sufficient /lib/security/pam_unix.so
use_first_pass
auth  sufficient /lib/security/pam_deny.so

Everything is OK, if you enter a correct password and
authentication succeeds. But if you enter an incorrect
password you are locked out forever because pam uses
the same password at the next login prompt without
even asking the user again.

You end up with :

slc login: root
Login incorrect

login: root
Login incorrect

login: root
Login incorrect

login: root

Login incorrect

slc login: root
Login incorrect

login: root
Login incorrect

While I understand PAM is doing exactly what I asked
it to do : use the first passowrd and if that fails
move onto the next authentication module, which ends
up in the vicious circle lock out I get.
But I am wondering is there anyway I can get pam "to
flush" the password so that once authentication has
traversed my authentication stack, the next login
prompt will prompt the user for a password. For
example by adding a module at the end of my
authentication stack ?

One work around I have for the above problem is that
is I set the first stacked module to "try_first_pass"
it does prompt the user for a new password. But this
is actually AFTER the fact that the module has already
TRIED the previous failed password and so is trying
again.

TIA

Wayne

http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools