Return value from pam_sm_acct_mgmt()

Hello Everyone,

       I would like to know, what pam_sm_acct_mgmt() should return
       when the backend server is not responding. In case of kerberos if

       the kerberos server is down and the user is trying to login, then

       what should be the return value from the pam_sm_acct_mgmt().
       The pam_sm_authenticate() returns PAM_AUTHINFO_UNAVAIL
       when the server is down, but there is no similar error value for
       pam_sm_acct_mgmt().  So can we return PAM_USER_UNKNOWN
       or PAM_SUCCESS or something else.

       Thank you all in advance and please help me.

Regards
Bandi.
begin:vcard
n:Bandi;Sridhar
tel;home:91-80-2716945
tel;work:91-80-2052886
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Hewlett Packard;SNSL India-ISEC
version:2.1
email;internet:bandis@xxxxxxxxxxxx
adr;quoted-printable:;;30c=3B HP=3B;bangalore;;560052;India
x-mozilla-cpt:;-23936
fn:Sridhar Bandi
end:vcard