Ok, I noticed the the pam_ncp_auth messages were logging under
/var/log/secure instead.

When auth fails in apache giving me
[Wed Sep 17 08:45:21 2003] [error] (2)No such file or directory: access to /
failed for 192.168.101.38, reason: Authentication service cannot retrieve
authentication info.,

Nothing is logged, however if I try to auth using a username & password that
doesn't exist on the NCP server I get
Sep 17 08:44:58 berlin pam_ncp_auth[21961]: Invalid password (-669) when
trying to login

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander.Peuchert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:Alexander.Peuchert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 1:18 AM
To: pam-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: David Earp
Subject: Re: Auth against NCP

Hi,
insert the option DEBUG into your pam.conf and then you can see the output
via syslog.

- alex

            "David Earp"                    To:   pam-list@xxxxxxxxxx
            <dearp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx       cc:   (bcc: Alexander
Peuchert/DBS/GDB)^
            m>                              Subject:    Auth against NCP

            16.09.2003 19:04
            Please respond to
            pam-list

I have an apache server which is use mod_auth_pam for authentication of
various parts of a website I run. It works if the pam.d/httpd is setup to
auth against the system however I can't get it to auth against my NCP
server
using pam_ncp_auth. I know the NCP server works and auths fine from the
webserver as I can mount the NCP shares and authenticate that way no
problem. Is there something I can do to test and see why pam can't
authenticate using this module?