RE: PAM not resolving pam_sm_setcred

It doesn't return anything, including "-1" which system() should return if it were to fail.  Meanwhile I got my stuff to work using fork/exec/waitpid calls as you suggested, in a stand-alone executable.  We'll see how it goes when I bake it into the PAM module.

Thanks again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Lewis [mailto:joe@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 5:02 PM
To: pam-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: PAM not resolving pam_sm_setcred

If PAM has already begun a function call to the kernel, it would not
allow the system() function to run until the kernel call that is
executing is done, and should return an error if a kernel call is in
progress in the code you are working in.  I think the fork() and exec()
functions should still be available to you.