Re:linux passwd

> thanks for your answer,
> now,would you please tell me how PAM calls crypt() and which pam
> library *.so ?

Download the source and find out.

> Also  is it  a good idea to implement AES instead of crypt() ?

No. password hashing function are a mix of different things, see the
response of Solar for that.

> I have enough C knowledge and a C compiler :) but not familiar with linux kernel.

The kernel doesn't know authentication. It just has a knowledge of uid and
gid's. Authentication is a task of the program / daemon performing tge
authentication.

> I have searched many sites and found some patches which adds AES support to
> linux kernel but my goal is using AES as default,

Like I said : The kernel doesn't know, and doesn't care.

> in REDHAT 8.2 there are some DOCS about PAM and PAM editing but it is not
> enough for me.

Read the sources and the docs that come with PAM. They provide all the
info you need.

> Would you please suggest me some docs,sites or books related to this subject?

The sources :)

	Igmar