Re: Restricting users per service

>  Can we restrict which users can use
> ssh and which can't?  For the rest of the users, we're using a
> restricted shell with telnet, but with ssh, we haven't found a way to
> prevent ssh from allowing a shell command (e.g. ssh <host> ls -l) and
> forcing the user to only go through the menu.

Probably not without hacking the ssh sources.

Tunnel the restricted-shell Telnet through an ssh connection? Chroot the users? Put the sensitive commands in a directory (adjusting the appropriate PATH variables), put all the non-restricted users in a group, chgrp the directory to that, and sever all user/other priviledges for the directory?