Re: want to authenticate from a passwd file that isn't /etc/passwd?

Thanks Thorsten,

I shall take a look at your code for future reference.  I've
changed to using proftpd from vsftp, when I noted that it
could handle authenticating from another file, then found
that it could authenticate out of sql directly - which is
where the user database resides - so that was definitely
the way to go for this time.

Thanks and best wishes,

Anna