reverify the user

Title: reverify the user

I have PAM_smb setup so that it works most of the time. However, my protected page has a number of images on it, and every time the browser requests an image on a page that it has already authenticated for, PAM_smb tries to authenticate again! It reauthenticates successfully a number of times, but eventually fails and I have to reenter my password in order to load all the images...which gets pretty annoying. Any idea how to get around this?

I user Apache2, the config file is:
#%PAM-1.0
auth    sufficient      /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth    sufficient      /lib/security/pam_smb_auth.so nolocal debug
account required        /lib/security/pam_permit.so
session required        /lib/security/pam_permit.so

Thanks

Lin