RE: thoughts on AD authentication?

Win2k does not use AD/kerberos unless you tell it to do so.  Stock,
out-of-the-box, it will use NTLM authentication.  When you enable AD,
it'll use kerberos tickets to authenticate with those clients that are
capable.

so, if you wish to authenticate from linux using NTLM, you need to use a
protocol like CIFS from the linux box with the user's creds (or, you can
use the netlogon protocol, which ever you like).

if you wish to authenticate from linux using kerberos, you will need to
do a kerberos preauthentication, i.e., check out kinit to see how it
does its job.

/jc

  _____

DISCLAIMER:   The information contained in this e-mail is confidential
and is intended solely for the review of the named addressee, and in
conjunction with specific Acopia Networks business.  Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action
intended recipient is prohibited. If you are unable to treat this
information accordingly, or are not the intended recipient, please
notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.