Re: On Demand Account Creation

Bryan W. Clark wrote:
Maybe you should include your system-auth file so we can have a look.

Here is /etc/pam.d/sshd:
-----
auth required /lib/security/pam_env.so
auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_ec.so dbhost=XX dbname=ec ecservice=ssh
auth required /lib/security/pam_deny.so
auth required /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session required /lib/security/pam_limits.so
session optional /lib/security/pam_console.so
-----
I have changed auth, to not use 'pam_stack.so service=system-auth'.
pam_ec is my custom module. I did not even try to use pam_mkhomedir because I observed that pam_ec was never envoked if the account did not exist.

I have not had much luck tracking down documentation for pam_mkhomedir. I get the impression it works in the session rather than the auth phase. That makes sence if all it is doing is creating the directory.

I need something that creates the account in /etc/passwd after I have authenticated the user over the network. I could do it in my pam_ec module but it is not being called in this instance.

Do you mean the home directory doesn't already exist?

I need to create the entire account.

Bryan