pam_chauthtok problem

Hi,

I am having a problem when I use the interface pam_chauthtok(). After prompting for the current and new passwords, it fails with the message permission denied. The /var/log/messages file says

" PAM_pwdb[4546]: cannot update default database for user guest"

But when I run the same program as root it updates the password for user guest.

My configuration file is

#%PAM-1.0
auth            required        pam_unix.so
account         required        pam_unix.so use_first_pass
password        required        pam_pwdb.so
session         required        pam_pwdb.so

Please let me know what I am missing here.

Regards
Rohit