pam_netgroups info

A couple questions came up regarding my pam_netgroups module which I will
try to answer:

1) LDAP support.  pam_netgroups knows nothing about LDAP (and I confess,
I am not terribly strong on it either).  However, all accesses to standard
Unix passwd/group files go through getpwnam or getgrnam, and so if the
LDAP groups/user info is accessible using NSS and these routines, it should
work with pam_netgroups.

2) support for all info in the command line (i.e. no access file required):
This is currently unsupported, but if there is interest I can see about
adding it.  The suggested
access=@xxxxxxxxxx deny=@xxxxxxxxxxx
does not seem feasible, as I believe it would require major changed to the
input flow, plus at least sounds like is changing the logic.  I could probably
manage something like
list="-@xxxxxxxxxxx;+@xxxxxxxxxx" which would function identically to
file=somefile
where somefile contains
-@xxxxxxxxxxx
+@xxxxxxxxxx
(note that the reverse order
+@xxxxxxxxxx
-@xxxxxxxxxxx
is equivalent to the plain +@xxxxxxxxxx unless there are lines following the
badNetgroup entry).

I do not have an ETA on when a beta for this change will be available---
depends on whether can be done as  a real quick patch or actually requires
more than a couple lines of change.  Haven't looked at the code for a while.
And I thought I bloated it out with enough parameters to keep anyone happy:)

3) In looking things over, I found a bug in the docs (talking about ampersands
(&) not at signs (@) for indicating groups).  The at sign (@) is the correct
group designator, must have been tired when typed up the docs.  This will be
fixed shortly.
Tom Payerle
Dept of Physics				payerle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
University of Maryland			(301) 405-6973
College Park, MD 20742-4111		Fax: (301) 314-9525