Re: PAM -> Radius authentication with local host issues.

On 6 Mar 2003, Andrew wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a dial-in server using RedHat 7.2. I'm using
> pam_auth_radius.so to authenticate to the Radius portion of a RSA
> SecurID ACE server. No problem with that, it works. The problem that I'm
> having is that the user needs an ID on the system for the rest of the
> authentication to work. We don't want that, if possible. However, if
> there is no other option how can I either a) use a dummy account for the
> local directory or b) if the home directory has to be there, create it
> automatically.

I assume you mean for the account management PAM functions ie:

account	required	pam_unix.so

If this is the case then you can replace this with

account required	pam_permit.so

which will always respond with PAM_SUCCESS and so will allow access once
the auth section is satisfied.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/		Get the T-Shirt Now