Re: Access based on group membership

Hi Tom,

Have you thought about contributing your module to pam.sourceforge.net ?
This way 1. I would only have one place to look, and 2. it could be under sourceforge cvs, so anybody could tinker with it and release the changes back to the world.

Also, have you thought about a simplified version that specifies all the settings on the pam_netgroups.so invocation line, access=@myNetgroup deny=@myBozosNetgroup, so there is only the pam conf file(s) and the yp netgroup file? (and no access file at all)

Thanks for developing this module!
I am currently using pam_listfile, but I will probably be switching to pam_netgroups soon. I have Solaris and Linux86 systems to manage.

best regards,

--johnT

Thomas M. Payerle wrote:
In addition to the listfile module that someone mentioned, I have a PAM
module pam_netgroups, available at
http://www2.physics.umd.edu/~payerle/Software/PAM/

that can do authorization (account management group) based on assorted
types of group membership.  It may be overkill for your situation, as the
name implies it is mainly for NIS/hesiod netgroups, but it can handle the
standard Unix /etc/group also (maptype=unix, which then disables about half
of the other options).

Tom Payerle
Dept of Physics				payerle@physics.umd.edu
University of Maryland			(301) 405-6973
College Park, MD 20742-4111		Fax: (301) 314-9525