Re: Apply changes after editing limits.conf

Thanks for your reply, this is my script:

>-- CUT --<

#!/bin/bash
#
# Startup script for the Apache Web Server
#
# chkconfig: - 85 15
#              HTML files and CGI.
# processname: httpd
# pidfile: /var/run/httpd.pid
# config: /etc/httpd/conf/access.conf
# config: /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
# config: /etc/httpd/conf/srm.conf

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

# This will prevent initlog from swallowing up a pass-phrase prompt if
# mod_ssl needs a pass-phrase from the user.
INITLOG_ARGS=""

# Path to the apachectl script, server binary, and short-form for messages.
apachectl=/usr/sbin/apachectl
httpd=/usr/sbin/httpd
prog=httpd
RETVAL=0

# Find the installed modules and convert their names into arguments httpd
# can use.
moduleargs() {
        moduledir=/usr/lib/apache
        moduleargs=`
        /usr/bin/find ${moduledir} -type f -perm -0100 -name "*.so" | env -i
tr '[:lower:]' '[:upper:]' | awk '{\
        gsub(/.*\//,"");\
        gsub(/^MOD_/,"");\
        gsub(/^LIB/,"");\
        gsub(/\.SO$/,"");\
        print "-DHAVE_" $0}'`
        echo ${moduleargs}
}

# The semantics of these two functions differ from the way apachectl does
# things -- attempting to start while running is a failure, and shutdown
# when not running is also a failure.  So we just do it the way init scripts
# are expected to behave here.
start() {
        echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
        daemon $httpd `moduleargs` $OPTIONS
        RETVAL=$?
        echo
        [ $RETVAL = 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/httpd
        return $RETVAL
}
stop() {
        echo -n $"Stopping $prog: "
        killproc $httpd
        RETVAL=$?
        echo
        [ $RETVAL = 0 ] && rm -f /var/lock/subsys/httpd /var/run/httpd.pid
}
reload() {
        echo -n $"Reloading $prog: "
        killproc $httpd -HUP
        RETVAL=$?
        echo
}

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
  start)
        start
        ;;
  stop)
        stop
        ;;
  status)
        status $httpd
        RETVAL=$?
        ;;
  restart)
        stop
        start
        ;;
  condrestart)
        if [ -f /var/run/httpd.pid ] ; then
                stop
                start
        fi
        ;;
  reload)
        reload
        ;;
  graceful|help|configtest)
        $apachectl $@
        RETVAL=$?
        ;;
  *)
        echo $"Usage: $prog
{start|stop|restart|condrestart|reload|status|fullstatus|graceful|help|confi
gtest}"
        exit 1
esac

exit $RETVAL

>-- CUT --<

Did you know where I have to add the ulimit line?

I think I have to add something like

ulimit -t 600

Thanks!