Re: Apply changes after editing limits.conf

This will not work because apache does not log in using pam. It is run by root from an init script (/etc/rd.d/init.a/httpd)

You need to edit the init script and set the ulimits there. Try man ulimit or man bash

John.

ML wrote:
Hi,

On my Red Hat v7.3 I edited /etc/security/limits.conf and added this line:

apache           hard    cpu             10

Because I have to limit Apache runaway processes (if someone have any
suggestion to accomplish this task in other way feel free to suggest).

When these changes take effect? I have to reboot (shutdown) the server?

Is there any way to do this with some commands?

Thanks, best regards.

Information Technology Innovation Group
Swinburne University. Melbourne, Australia
http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn