Re: Best pam_radius module

By *best* I meant a module with as few bugs as possible and one which has
implemented all core functions, freeradius looks ok for auth as it supports
both auth and chauthtok, but it has no support for acct_mgmt which is
pretty fundamental. It could be a good compromise though if nothing better
was available.

Mark

                      Jason Clifford
                      <jason@ukpost.com        To:       pam-list@redhat.com
                      >                        cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Best pam_radius module
                      pam-list-admin@re
                      dhat.com

                      16/02/2003 19:00
                      Please respond to
                      pam-list

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Mark van Kerkwyk wrote:

> Hi, just wondering what you would recommend as the best pam_radius
module,
> as most I have found so far do not implement all functions.

Best for what?

Different modules offer very different facilities.

The RADIUS pam module in the standard distribution seems to only handle
session functions so it's no good for authentication.

The pam_radius module available from FreeRadius is very good for simple
authentication - we're using it here to handle auth functions.

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG                      Finance Free Software while you surf the
'net