pam login

Title: Message
I have an /etc/pam.d/login file that contains one line:
  auth    required        pam_radius_auth.so      debug

I additionally have an /etc/pam.d/other file that contains one line:
  auth     required       pam_unix.so
When I attempt to login using the module as configured in the 'login' file above, the log shows that authentication succeeds for the radius module, but then PAM immediately attempts to authenticate using the pam_unix.so module, although there is no auth line in the 'login' file requesting that PAM authenticate against UNIX.  I've determined that it's attempting the pam_unix authentication because of the pam_unix directive in the 'other' file (if I comment out the line in the 'other' file and then reattempt authentication, I see the message "PAM no modules loaded for `login' service" in the /var/log/auth.log file).

Why is the one line in the 'login' file not sufficient for me to successfully authenticate?  Why does the 'other' file affect my authentication?

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Yours,

Dan Lanz

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the review of the named addressee, and in conjunction with specific Acopia Networks business. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are unable to treat this information accordingly, or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.