Re: PAM and screenlock

Antonio Ruiz Martínez wrote:

- How can I lock the screen when I remove the smartcard from the
smartcard reader? I've thought about using a daemon but I don't know if
there is a solution smarter. Could I control this funcionatily from the
PAM module? Could you guide me, please?

I'm not sure if this would work the way you're expecting it to, but if you could call a script when you remove the card you could run the xscreensaver-command which can lock the screen saver immediately. `xscreensaver-command -lock`

Another question is:
- If I had the screen locked, who I can do to login again the user when
the smartcard is reinserted in the smarcard reader?

I've never tried this, but I'm assuming it would work that if you're PAM auth were set to look to this smart card module then the screen would unlock once the card is inserted and you move the mouse.

~ Bryan