Problems with open ldap and pam on RHL 8.0

Hello,

I am trying to setup an ldap + samba auth system in a Linux Box with RedHat
8.0. To do this I am carefully following a pair of guides, one from idealx
(samba-ldap-tools people) and another very similar from ibm developer center;
both guides say that are tested with RedHat 7.2. At the moment I have been
able to make the ldap server running and able to add users to this ldap
server; even though I am stock since I cannot make the system see the users I
create with the smbldap-useradd.pl script.
	I have enabled ldap auth with authconfig.
	I have found that users are always created with the same uid.
	I have debugged smbldap-useradd.pl and it seems that it cannot get the
last ldap uid in the system (getpwuid call).
	What is going on?
	What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Luis