Re: Pam-list digest, Vol 1 #680 - 2 msgs

pam-list-request@redhat.com wrote:
Send  submissions to
	pam-list@redhat.com

	pam-list-request@redhat.com

	pam-list-admin@redhat.com

than "Re: Contents of Pam-list digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. how to do ssh authentication using pam? (zhang@csee.wvu.edu)
   2. how to do ssh authentication using pam? (zhang@csee.wvu.edu)

Subject:
how to do ssh authentication using pam?
From:
<zhang@csee.wvu.edu>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:04:13 -0500 (EST)
To:
<pam-list@redhat.com>

I need to execute a series of commands using ssh in c code like the
following, but I want to do authentication or input password only once in
the beginning. Will pam help in this case ? Please show some c code. Thank
you.

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
  char* arg_list[] = {
    "ssh",
    "user@host",
    "ls",
    NULL
  };

  /* Now execute ssh */
  execvp("ssh", arg_list);

}

Hanzhou zhang

I need to execute a series of commands using ssh in c code like the
following, but I want to do authentication or input password only once in
the beginning. Will pam help in this case ? Please show some c code. Thank
you.

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
  char* arg_list[] = {
    "ssh",
    "user@host",
    "ls",
    NULL
  };

  /* Now execute ssh */
  execvp("ssh", arg_list);

}
The pam_iptables.c code does a similar thing:

http://www.linuxdownloads.org/howto/Authentication-Gateway-HOWTO.html

Read the code for how to trigger something from shh (And any other loggin via pam).

Cheers,
Michael