Re: mod_auth_pam problems

As someone else replied, this really isn't a pam issue, it's an apache
config issue.

The 'AllowOverride' directive instructs apache that it should look for
(and apply the named directive classes from...) an .htaccess file in the
mapped directory.  So enabling this within the .htaccess file doesn't
make much sense.

Probably, you want to modify the httpd.conf file (canonically,
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf in current common apache builds, but can be
different depending upone how it was built.) The use of the access.conf
file is deprecated (and somewhat of a security pothole, IMO...)

Add a <Directory> container and include the AllowOverride directive
within it. Something like:

<Directory /etc/httpd/htdocs/fumble>
  AllowOverride AuthConfig
</Directory>

Alternatively, get rid of the AllowOverride there, and just include
your 'Auth*' and 'require' directives within the directory container...

--
Steve Reppucci                                       sgr@logsoft.com |
Logical Choice Software                          http://logsoft.com/ |