pam_winbind.so

Hi all,

I am trying to configure my linux desktop to logon to the NT domain. I
was referring to an article on internet to do this.  A last step in the
article says to configure PAM by adding the following 2 lines into the
/etc/pam.d/login file.

auth 	sufficient 	/lib/security/pam_winbind.so
account sufficient	/lib/security/pam_winbind.so

I am unable to understand the above two lines.  It would be very helpful
if someone could explain or give pointers to the related information.

Thanks & Regards
-Gnana Shekar-