Re: (more) /etc/shadow problems

I actually ended up modifying the unix_chkpwd.c source to
allow defining (via #define) a user which is allowed to do
lookups on behalf of other uids.  Seems like this should make
it easy enough for customers to build this version, if they
accept the security consequences of doing so.

Opening up the shadow file to promiscuous access *doesn't*
seem like a good approach to me -- lesser is better, imo, and
limiting access to a single uid seems like the lesser of two
evils here.

Thanks for the feedback.

<Steve>

--