Maybe a newbie question.

Hello.

I just wrote my own PAM module...and I am having some trouble.

Is there anyway to force PAM to tell me what module he is currently calling within the conf file for the application?
Are there any debugging tools or parameters?

In etc/pam.d/login (the login conf file), I have placed a line that reads "auth  mymodule.so   required". When I run
login, what I get is "login incorrect <CR> <LF>  login incorrect <CR><LF> Maximum number of tries exceeded (3)".

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Drue