RADIUS HELPPPP

hai ,

I  Wonder if we can do this.

I am using Redhat Linux 7.1. I want to authenticate users through
RADIUS.

Is there any way of using pam_radius_auth.so in such a way PAM looks
only in RADIUS database & authenticate the user. The user name should
not be present in
Linux database.

This works.
If I have a user say user1 in Linux database (an account in /etc/passwd
file) with some password and a same user , user1 in RADIUS database with

different password.

In some service if I use the line in some service

auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_radius_auth.so

It works fine.

Now I want to authenticate a user who has entry only in RADIUS database
& not in Linux database, using the same line.

Is it a must that there should be an account for user in /etc/passwd
file to get authenticated using RADIUS.

Please help me.

regards,
adharsh.