Re: pam_limits broken in CVS...

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Igmar Palsenberg wrote:

> > I want to congratulate the person who b0rken maxlogins
> > limit in pam_limits (Nalin?).
> > Try this:
> >
> > *               hard    maxlogins       2
>
> Let me explain some basic rules on how to report things what YOU consider
> a bug :
>
> Basic data :
>
> 1) Version of the software
> 2) Distribution
> 3) Patches that might be applied by the people who actually build the
> distro

Read the subject. Did you?

> Then you explain the expected behaviour and the behaviour you get.

That's simple, '*' meant 'every user', I got 'all users'.

> > and see how many users will be able to login. This is _not_ desired
> > behaviour.
>
> Since you didn't describe 'desired' (which is a bad term, desired is what
> the user wants, which can be a diffent that what the design specs say).

Yeah, 'desired' here is 'it works like it always did'.

> > I know how to fix it, but I want to leave for the person who broke it.
>
> Well, stop being a total jackass, and start explaining things.

Let me explain:
http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=6663

Jan
--
Jan Rękorajski            |  ALL SUSPECTS ARE GUILTY. PERIOD!
baggins<at>mimuw.edu.pl   |  OTHERWISE THEY WOULDN'T BE SUSPECTS, WOULD THEY?