Re: Probably a newbie's question

On Sat, 2002-03-09 at 00:50, Fernando Orus wrote:
> Thanks for your answer, Jenn, but I am afraid there's something I
> don't understand.
>
> I guess I need to create a function with the same prototype that
> appears in the pam_conv struct definition and use that function
> instead of misc_conv in my program, is this correct?

Pretty much, yes. The information is at:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam_appl-3.html

Look for the heading
	3.2 What is expected of an application
	The conversation function

> The problem is that I have no idea about the code that must be in
> that function. You say that there is information on that issue in
> the "pamdocs".

I was fairly vague.
The relevent information - or at least, as much as I have - is in the
link above.

The conversation function must be capable of displaying or retrieving
text strings as requested by the PAM module that calls the function.

Jenn V.

jenn@anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/