Re: Probably a newbie's question

On Fri, 2002-03-08 at 21:38, Fernando Orus wrote:

> Is there any way to change the password of a user without being prompted
> through the console? (I guess it's possible, graphical logins under Gnome
> or KDE do this, don they?). Maybe using a different PAM module such as
>  pam_pwdb? (I've just found a broken link to this module at Linux-PAM
> website) Do I need to write my own module?

If I understand your question correctly, you want to change the format
of the prompt, rather than the actual behaviour of the module itself.

The prompt is defined by the 'conversation' function in the application.
check_user uses the default conversation function provided in pam_misc,
which is text based. If you want any variation in the conversation
function, you'll need to write your own. Interface information is
available in the pam_docs.

Jenn V.

jenn@anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/