pam-watch?

I'm a system administrator attempting to install an application that
relies on PAM (apache + mod_auth_pam).  Is there any way that I can get
a log of what PAM is doing?  Ideally, I'd like to see what application
is requesting authentication, whether the authentication succeeded or
failed and why.  Is there a way to get such information?

It seems to me that this would be a FAQ question, but I haven't been
able to find on the web or on groups.google.com.

Thanks in advance!
-Luke

--
Luke Scharf, Jack of Several Trades