PAM and directory access

Hi,

I'm thinking of restricting directory access with password or other
authentication method. For my first attempt , I would like to use
password authentication system so user needs to re-authenticate
himself in order to enter certain directory eventhough the directory
is owned by himself. Program such as cd , mv , cp cannot access this
directory without passing the authentication system.

I would like to know that this kind of system could be implemented by
using PAM or not ?