Re: CHAP with PAM in PPP

> well........i did a lot of experimentation for authenticating my ppp
> users with PAM.
> as long as i use PAM by manipulating PAP secrets file, i was able to do
> it.

Hi murali

I have been trying to auth my ppp users with PAM but haven't get good results.
Try a lot of options but all of them require users in /etc/passwd. I download a
pam_pwdfile and setup things correctly (i thought) but as long as I do a
userdel, he can't auth by ppp even if it token is correctly entered to the
passwd file handled by pam_pwdfile.

I'm very interested in interchange experience with you, see your conf files,
etc... Mi concrete goal is auth people without having them in /etc/passwd.

thanks in advanced

Maykel Moya

PS: Sorry my english, i'm from a spanish speaking country