Follow-up Re: su: user->root ok, user1->user2 ok, root->user NOK

Em Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 02:02:39PM -0200, Andreas Hasenack escreveu:
> Hi, I'm having a trouble with su and pam-0.75 (with absolutely
> no patches, just the original tarball).
>
> As a regular user, I can su to root as usual, just giving
> root's password. I can also su from a regular user to another
> one without problems.
>
> BUT, as root, I cannot su at all, getting this prmission denied error:

Well, I took a look at redhat's pam package and found 50 (fifty) patches to
the original Linux-PAM-0.75.tar.gz, around 360Kb of patches.

I applied all of them and it started working. So, is this a bug in linux-pam?
Is there a 0.76 release around the corner? Hmm, I tried the CVS version and
it also didn't work, so the right patch (one or more among those 50) isn't
in CVS.

Is someone else using "pristine" linux-pam out there? Are you having this
su problem too?