VNC + PAM?

We are looking at integrating VNC into our system.  We currently utilize
PAM for our authentication wherever possible.  Does anyone know of a
modified version of VNC or any other possibility of integrating VNC with
PAM?  To "PAM-ify" VNC would require modifying both the clients and the
server, this does not seem like a viable solution for us.

Note that we store all our users in an LDAP directory (NDS) and if VNC
were LDAP-enabled that may solve the problem as well...

Currently VNC supports only a challenge/auth system which does not send
the username & password.  A more complete description is on the VNC
project page.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how we could pull this off?

--
Blake Barnett (bdb)  <blake.barnett@developonline.com>
Sr. Unix Administrator

Learning is a skill, you get better at it with practice.