Re: module utility library [Was: Re: ... pam limits drops privileges]

There are a long list of things that seem to be common. I have no issue
with pursuing such a common function library.

My only concern is that we don't cross the line of adding new
communication channels between modules and applications. The
pluggability of the current library will break if we do the wrong thing
there. Ideally, it would be nice if a module developer could write a
module using the proposed library that would be useable on a Solaris PAM
system.

My personal preference would be for a '.a' library that gets built as
part of the Linux-PAM build and then as the modules are built, they link
in the relevant functions from that. This will help minimize
backward/forward compaitibility issues and help folk minimize the number
of 'pam' files they have to have on their system.

Finally, I don't see this sort of change as a 'major release' sort of
thing.

Cheers

Andrew