Re: PAM report "unable to resolve symbol"

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 05:41:13PM +0200, Petr Spatka wrote:
> I want to create POP3 accessible only for some user from different
> computers. I tried use PAM.  I tried add into /etc/pam.d/pop these lines:
>
> auth       required    /lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so
> account    required    /lib/security/pam_rhosts_auth.so
>
> In this moment POP3 stop work .  I found "PAM unable to resolve symbol:
> pam_sm_acct_mgmt" in the log. I can not found what is wrong.

The pam_rhosts_auth module doesn't provide the entry point which libpam
is looking for for doing account management.  This is expected, since
pam_rhosts_auth doesn't do account management.  Try changing the second
line of the configuration file to:
account    required    /lib/security/pam_permit.so

I haven't tried either setup, so I don't know if it'll even work the
way you expect it to, but it should fix the immediate problem.

Cheers,

Nalin