Using PAM for speaker identification

Hi,

I've got a speaker verification/identification system working and I'd like to
use it for the login process. I've been told to write it as a PAM module, but
there's something I'm not sure. Is it possible for a PAM module to also identify
the username as well as the password. Ideally, the user should just boot the
machine (it comes to gdm/kdm/...), say something (not typing anything) and be
logged in. Is that possible with PAM?

	Jean-Marc