Re: FreeBSD diffs for Linux-PAM

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Igmar Palsenberg wrote:

> > o The FreeBSD modules live in /usr/lib/, not /lib/security/.

> Bad change IMHO. All in /usr/lib clutters the lib dir. Most distribs /
> installs put separate things in seperate libs in /usr/lib. I personaly
> like that, some of you might not.

I agree.  Applications do not directly depend on PAM modules, therefore they
do not need to (read: should not) be in the system-wide library directory.
However, it should be possible to accomodate OSes that want modules placed
somewhere other than /lib/security via an option to ./configure.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer