Re: FreeBSD diffs for Linux-PAM

> General notes:
>
> o A lot of the fixes are to fix GCC in "All warnings on and
>   phasers set to kill (-Werror)" mode. :-). FreeBSD currently
>   uses GCC-2.95.3.

Some other things to kill :

We might want to #undef the printf() macro. Using a #ifdef inside a
printf() (which is a macro onder all glibc versions I've seen) causes a
compile error.

This is fixed in the next glibc version.

> o FreeBSD uses "$FreeBSD$" as a CVS/RCS version identification
>   string. We'd surely be very grateful if all your $Id$ lines
>   could be repeated with $FreeBSD$ lines. If you are agreeable,
>   I'd be happy to supply a patch.
>
> o The FreeBSD modules live in /usr/lib/, not /lib/security/.

Bad change IMHO. All in /usr/lib clutters the lib dir. Most distribs /
installs put separate things in seperate libs in /usr/lib. I personaly
like that, some of you might not.

> o The FreeBSD modules are mosly written from scratch and very
>   different from the Linux ones. I have not included them here.
>   I can send a copy if you are interested.

I certainly am.

> o For the manual pages, we have done a general s/Linux-PAM/PAM/.
>   Most of the diffs are trivial, so I have not included them.
>   By choice, FreeBSD uses the -mdoc macros. We recommend these
>   highly :-).

Does -mdoc give you the choice to build without docs ?

	Regards,

		Igmar