Re: bunch of new patches / bugs submitted to tracker

Hi Harald,

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Harald Welte wrote:

> As some of you already know, RedHat ships a heavily modified pam package
> with their distribution.

> Apart from module additions, they also did a couple of bugfixes, which
> haven't (yet?) been submitted back to the Linux-PAM project.

> I've now created a huge diff between Linux-PAM 0.75 and the redhat tarball,
> and split this huge diff into tiny problem-related pieces.  No, I'm not
> a RedHat employee - I just want to make sure that bugs fixed somewhere are
> eventualy contributed back to the original package.

This is wonderful news -- thank you very much for your work!  There are
always so many things that need doing around Linux-PAM, that this is one task
that's been put off.

I will be taking a look at these patches, and I'm sure Andrew and others will
be doing so as well.

Now then, how I can I sweet-talk you into doing the same for Debian fixes? :)

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer