Password checking using Linux, C, JNI

currently I  am  working  on  a  problem which requires  me  to  write a set of Library
routines so that a Java program can communicate to the UNIX password interface on
a Linux server.
  I  am  using Linux-PAM to achieve the above.When I  call  the LIBPAM functions
(pam_authenticate) from a C program, it works absolutely fine, but when I call it
using a JNI , it gives me error "PAM_MODULE_UNKNOWN".
Does anybody have any clue? How can I fix the problem?
Is there any specific version of LIBPAM Library needed for that?

Thanks