pam and openldap

I am trying to authenticate my courier imap server to authenticate like this: pam -> ldap
however imap servers require more user information like location of maildir etc..
this user information will be stored in attributes for each entry.....
how would i retrieve this information using pam? or in other words how could courier retrieve this information from pam and pam retrieve this information from openldap?