Re: FYI & question: Linux-PAM modules on Solaris

Steve Langasek wrote:

[]
> I'm making the (perhaps artificial) distinction here between a shared library
> which is suitable for linking into an executable and being loaded by the
> system's runtime linker, and a DSO which is opened by libpam using dlopen() or
> equivalent.  I leave open the possibility that the two types of shared objects
> may require mutually-exclusive options when linking on some platforms.

What a funny platform that will be... ;)  Ok, so it will be one more case,
how to compile source to be linked as DSO and as shared library (if two
are not the same, then compiling for them may also differ).
I'd better leave that possibility closed... :)

Regards,
 Michael.