Re: FYI & question: Linux-PAM modules on Solaris

Steve Langasek wrote:
[]
> There are really only four commands we need for any given platform:
>   * compile a .c file into a PIC object suitable for further linking
>   * link a shared library
>   * link a DSO (pam module)
>   * link a static library

What's the difference between "shared library" (2nd) and "DSO (pam
module)" (3rd) cases?  This is the same IMHO, so only 3 commands
needed, and having in mind that last one (static lib) isn't of a
big interest, only 2 finally (btw, last one is already known --
this is more-or-less-standard `ar').

Regards,
 Michael.