Von: Mark D. Roth [mailto:roth@feep.net]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 15. April 2001 01:05
An: pam-list@redhat.com
Betreff: Linux-PAM ported to AIX

I've written a patch for Linux-PAM-0.75 which ports the library to AIX
4.3.3.  The patch is available from:

   http://www-dev.cso.uiuc.edu/authsrv/

In addition to simple portability fixes, the patch adds a pam_aix
module to simulate the traditional AIX authentication behavior.  The
idea is that the pam_aix module would be used instead of the pam_unix
module under AIX.  More information is available at the URL listed
above.

My main impetus for writing this patch was that I'm already using a
PAM module to do TIS authsrv authentication under Solaris, Linux, and
HP-UX, and I didn't want to have to write and maintain seperate custom
code for each application under AIX.  If anyone's interested, the
authsrv PAM module (pam_authsrv) is also available at the URL listed
above.

Ideally, I'd like to see this patch integrated into the next release
of Linux-PAM.  If this isn't the proper forum to ask about that, I'd
appreciate any pointers to the right place. ;)

I've done a fair amount of basic testing of this patch, but I'd
certainly welcome comments from anyone else who runs it.

Please let me know if you have any questions or problems.

--
Mark D. Roth <roth@feep.net>
http://www.feep.net/~roth/