RE: Host attribute

I have found it.  On line 1169 of pam_ldap.c
in the _host_ok function, there is a comparison
to see if the current host is one of the ones
allowed by the users' host(account) attribute.
If it exists.

If I have one or more host values, then I
must have the host value of the machine I'm
logging into.  If I have no host values then
the check is bypassed and I can log onto
any machine.  This check is done above and
beyond what is in the ldap.conf filter.
i.e. the filter I have below is redundant if
I have any host valued on my LDAP record.

However, if I leave the filter off (I didn't
seem to need it) I've opened the box up to
anyone who doesn't have any host values at all.

Am I missing something?  It seems the only
way to alter this behavior is to edit the
source code.

Thanks for any info,
Kelli