Re: Memory leaks in PAM

Could you try the following experiment?

Change the service name to 'junk' and create a pam.d/junk file like
this:

 auth       required     pam_permit.so
 account    required     pam_permit.so

So far as I can tell, there is a memory leak for pPasswd when the
service does not actually invoke the conversation function. If you try
the above pam.d file, you can see this memory leak in action. When you
have demonstrated this, could you try replacing pam_pwdb in your sample
with pam_unix?

Thanks

Andrew